We all have dessert cravings once in a while, and things become even difficult when on a strict diet! That being said many of us get stuck in the dilemma of what to have and end up cheating. Well not anymore because we've cracked it for you! A dessert with low sugar, loaded with nutrients and lots of protein goodness anyone? We’ve got you High Protein Whole Wheat Ragi Hazelnut Muffins to help curb your dessert cravings but still keep you from cheating. A simple and easy to make recipe you can try at home with readily available ingredients, these Ragi muffins are surely going to become your go-to dessert option in those strict diet days.
Here’s what you need to make these Ragi muffins:
- High Protein Choco Hazelnut Spread
- High Protein Peanut Spread
- ½ cup Ragi flour
- ½ cup Whole Wheat flour/ Multigrain flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ cup almond milk (or cow milk)
- Chopped nuts(Cashew, almonds, and walnuts)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Grease the muffin moulds generously with butter and dust it with some flour. Tap and remove the excess flour from the moulds. You can skip this step if you are using silicon moulds or tray.
- Preheat the oven at 180-degree Celsius for 15 minutes. Take a large mixing bowl and add Ragi flour, multigrain flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and mix well.
- Take another mixing bowl, add milk and High Protein Choco Hazelnut Spread and beat for 1-2 minutes or until frothy.
- Now add all the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix gently using a spatula do not over mix it.
- Take a spoon and fill ¾ of muffin mould with batter. Top it with chopped nuts of your choice. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the whole wheat ragi muffin comes out clean.
- Serve warm ragi muffins with some High Protein Peanut Spread drizzled on top along with chilled shakes of your choice. You can store it in an airtight container and freeze it up to 2 months.