Healthy Multi Grain Crackers with Protein Spread
Healthy doesn't always have to be about bland, not so fun food.Eating healthy is also not about cutting out a complete group of foods, rather it is about incorporating whole foods like whole grains into your everyday diet. One simple way to make snacking fun and innovative is to experiment with whole ingredients at home. To show you an example, we baked our own whole grain crackers and layered them up with our favourite Double Chocolate Protein Spread.
It's not as difficult as it sounds, all you need is:
- 3/4 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/4 cup Finger millet Ragi flour
- 4-5 tbsp Non-Hydrogenated Oil
- 5 Green Chillies - finely chopped
- handful Coriander leaves - finely chopped
- few Curry Leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- To a big mixing bowl add all flours, salt and chopped chilli, coriander and curry leaves
- Add oil and mix everything nicely with your finger tips to form bread crumb like texture.
- Next, to that add water in steps, combine everything together to form a dough . Don't add all the water together as required water quantity may vary little depending on flour quality.
- Allow the dough to rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 8-10 mins.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions. Dust the slab and roll each portion into a big square. While rolling edges may break . Try sealing them with your fingers and roll.
- Cut it up into smaller crackers and bake them for 15-20 minutes on 160 degrees celsius.
- Once done, place them on a cooling rack to cool . They become more crispier once they cool down.
- For this specific recipe, layer them up with High Protein Double Chocolate Spread and top it up with dried fruits or sprinkles!